Medical Examiner Reveals Maleesa Mooney’s Trigger Of Loss of life

Last month, two models were found deceased in their apartments days apart. Police have denied any connection in the cases, and Nichole Coats’ cause of death was ruled accidental. Now, the Los Angeles County Examiner has revealed details about how the second model, Maleesa Mooney, passed away.

According to docs reviewed by PEOPLE, the official cause of death is “homicidal violence.” However, as of Monday, no suspects have been arrested.

RELATED: Two Models Found Dead In Downtown LA Just A Couple Of Days Apart

Surveillance footage at the model’s apartment complex last shows her on Sept. 6.

Medical Examiner Describes Maleesa Mooney’s Injuries

Maleesa was allegedly about two months pregnant when a welfare check on Sept. 12 ended in the discovery of her body. She was reportedly beaten, bound, and stuffed into her apartment refrigerator.

“The blunt force traumatic injuries observed at the autopsy are generally not considered acutely life-threatening on their own. However, based on the circumstances of how Ms. Mooney was found, these injuries suggest she was likely involved in violence/physical altercation prior to her death,” the autopsy reportedly says.

The medical examiner found traces of cocaine and alcohol in Mooney’s system. But, the role of either substance in her death remains “uncertain.”

Victim’s Sister Describes “Chilling” Crime Scene

Maleesa pregnancy was first shared with the media by her sister Jourdine Pauline. Jourdine also spoke to PEOPLE last month about the state of Maleesa Mooney’s apartment after her body was found.

“From what we saw at the coroner and mortuary, my sister was in a struggle, and it’s devastating. It’s a very monstrous act. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. A lot of things just don’t make sense to us,” Pauline said. Adding, “It was honestly so chilling. I’ve never experienced anything like that before.”

The victim’s sister said parts of Mooney’s carpet were “ripped up,” and the fridge was gone. She feels that whatever happened to Maleesa Mooney was “very scary and traumatic.”

“I know she was so scared. I just hate to think about it,” Pauline said.

As mentioned earlier, Maleesa’s death was uncovered just two days after Nichole Coats on Sept. 10. Last week, the medical examiner ruled Coats’ death “accidental.” The case remains open. Her family says she was discovered with her legs up in the air and a bloody bed, per KTLA.

RELATED: Update: Nichole Coats’ Death Ruled ‘Accident’
You might also like

Comments are closed.