In response to official sources, investigators are investigating greater than 500 leads in bombings in Nashville

Debris lies on the street near an explosion site in the Second and Commerce area of ​​Nashville, Tennessee, the United States, on December 25, 2020.

Elliott Anderson | via Reuters

Investigators received more than 500 tips about the Christmas morning explosion in Nashville, but failed to establish the bomber’s identity, officials said on Saturday afternoon.

Local law enforcement agencies are working with federal agencies, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, to investigate the explosion site, which includes dozens of companies across the city.

“This is where we are in this investigation. We continue to follow every lead we have, and we will continue to do so until we find out what happened,” said Don Cochran, the US attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee.

The explosion in downtown Nashville early Christmas morning shattered the windows and shut down communications. Authorities said they believe the explosion was intentional and came from a motor home parked on the street.

According to the FBI, the RV arrived in the area just after 1 a.m. local time, and the explosion occurred around 5:30 a.m. A warning to residents in the area to evacuate from the RV before the explosion.

Doug Korneski, the FBI’s special agent in charge of the Memphis Field Office, said Saturday there was no evidence of an ongoing bomb threat in the area. When asked about reports that investigators have identified a person of interest to the case, Korneski said the investigation was still examining several people.

NBC News reported, citing several senior law enforcement officers, that investigators in connection with the bombing ransacked the home of 63-year-old Anthony Quinn Warner. A Google Streetview image of Warner’s Antioch, Tennessee address shows a RV that matches the description of the vehicle that exploded Friday morning.

Metro Nashville police chief John Drake said Friday that there were no known deaths from the explosion, although police were testing tissue found at the scene to see if it could be human remains, according to NBC News. Korneski said investigators are still examining the tissue.

Nashville Mayor John Cooper has imposed a curfew on part of downtown, which will last until Sunday afternoon. Federal regulators briefly suspended flights into the city on Friday as the investigation began.

Social media users reported problems with phone and internet services in Nashville after the explosion. AT&T announced on Saturday morning that portable cellular sites will be deployed in the area to quickly restore coverage.

You might also like

Comments are closed.