Bye honey! Couple dropping toddler at airport check-in counter

After an unidentified couple left the airport without a ticket for their child, they left the child at the check-in counter.

The parents were late for a flight from Tel Aviv to Brussels, leaving the child at check-in

The matter unfolded on Jan. 31 on a flight from Israel’s Ben Gurion International Airport to Brussels, Belgium.

A spokeswoman for the airline Ryanair addressed the matter in a statement to CNN, noting that the couple “went to safety [after] leave the child at check-in.”

She also noted that the baby didn’t have a ticket, which reportedly would have cost about $27 for a one-way flight (if the baby was sitting on the parents’ lap). In fact, when purchasing tickets, it is advised that “infants may be included in a flight reservation during the online booking process,” although this seems to have been overlooked by the couple.

“These passengers, traveling from Tel Aviv to Brussels, presented themselves at check-in without a booking for their infant. They then proceeded to security and left the child at check-in.”

She went on to share that airport security was eventually contacted, who then “rescued the passengers.” The matter was then referred to the local police station.

“The check-in clerk at Ben Gurion Airport contacted airport security who collected these passengers and this is now a matter for the local police.”

Israeli authorities say “no further investigation” is needed

Speaking to CNN, the Israel Airports Authority shared more details about the incident, noting that the parents were in a great hurry to “get to the gate for the flight.” To attempt the flight to Belgium, the couple hastily “got out of the infant carrier with the baby and ran to security.”

“A couple and an infant with Belgian passports arrived at Terminal 1 for a flight without a ticket for the baby. The couple were also late for the flight after check-in for the flight closed. The couple exited the car seat with the baby and ran to Terminal 1 security to reach the boarding gate for the flight.”

Authorities also addressed the matter, noting that there was “no further investigation” as the matter had been resolved by the time police arrived.

“The baby was with the parents and there is no further investigation.”

There are no further updates on the matter and it sounds like the family in question is moving on and leaving the matter in the past.

What do you think about this airport situation?

You might also like

Comments are closed.