Alicia Keys invitations teenage taking pictures sufferer Ralph Yarl to a live performance
Alicia Keys personally invited Ralph Jarl to an upcoming concert date, according to TMZ.
An attorney for Yarl’s family, Lee Merritt, told the outlet that the singer asked Ralph to come to the show in Kansas and meet her at a concert scheduled for this July.
As previously reported, 84-year-old Andrew Lester shot and killed Ralph April 13 after the 16-year-old accidentally rang the wrong doorbell.
RELATED: UPDATE: Andrew Lester, 84, pleads not guilty to shooting of 16-year-old Ralph Yarl
Like Alicia, Roc Nation is said to have contacted Ralph and his family. They have reportedly offered to help with Ralph’s recovery in any way they can.
Meanwhile, Ralph’s family has set up a trust fund for him after donations came in, with the teen’s GoFundMe already topping a whopping $3.4 million.
16-year-old Ralph Yarl is now a multi-millionaire. The GoFundMe campaign uploaded for him has passed the $3 million mark thanks to you.❤️ pic.twitter.com/G7pKcrXq5Q
— Mike Sington (@MikeSington) April 19, 2023
Ralph’s mother receives tearful support from Ahmaud Arbery’s mother, accused of shooting
TMZ also reports that Ralph’s mom, Cleo, was tearfully supported by Wanda Cooper-Jones. Wanda is the mother of Ahmaud Arbery – a 25-year-old black man who was murdered in February 2020 during a racially motivated hate crime while jogging in Glynn County, Georgia.
Cooper-Jones reportedly told Cleo to lean on prayer at this point, telling her the victims, like her two sons, have the power. Lester has since been charged with assault after shooting the teenager twice. Lester pleaded not guilty on April 19.
Civil rights attorney Ben Crump further told TMZ that he doesn’t think the charges fit the crime. Officials charged Lester with first-degree assault and armed criminal activity.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri (AP) — The 84-year-old white man who shot and killed Ralph Yarl, a black teenager who went to the wrong house, is turning himself in to authorities. pic.twitter.com/Wy0PkGSiMm
— Philip Lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) April 18, 2023
Case resumes June 1, Lester remains on Bond
Zachary Thompson, a Clay County prosecutor, has since given KCTV 5 a statement on the case.
“From this point forward, the state will urge this case to move forward as expeditiously as permitted by law.” Although charges have been filed, this remains an active investigation. We continue to work with law enforcement to gather all available evidence in this case. If anyone in the community has information that would assist in this case, we encourage you to contact the Kansas City, Missouri Police Department or other law enforcement agency. As this is now an active and pending case, our office is severely limited as to the information we can publicly disclose. This is due to our desire to protect the legal integrity of the case and ensure justice is done for the victim and our community. Despite these limitations, we will be as transparent as the law allows and will endeavor to keep the public informed of all developments.”
The case will continue on June 1st. Lester will remain on bail. He is “barred from possession of a weapon or contact with Yarl,” reports KCUR 89.3 NPR.